Please No Plagiarism and please include at least 2 sources,
Discussion – Week 2
Theory IntegrationIn previous courses within your program, you studied counseling theories and developed the foundations of a personal theoretical counseling orientation. The next step in your development as a counselor is moving from theory selection to implementation and integration. Theory implementation highlights the artistry of counseling, meaning that there are factors you may encounter that may necessitate the integration of other theories into your main theoretical orientation. For instance, client factors such as degree of organization or disorganization as a system may require modifying your selected theory to best assist a couple or family. Personal factors, such as specific experiences within your own past relationships, also may sensitize or desensitize you to the relational issues presented by clients. The key then is recognizing these challenges to integrating theory and knowing how to mitigate them in order to provide the best and most effective service to clients possible while still retaining professional integrity concerning your theoretical orientation.To prepare for this Discussion, select one of the theories demonstrated in the videos this week (either Bowenian or structural) to use for this assignment.With these thoughts in mind:Post by Day 4 a brief description of one challenge you may encounter if you attempted to integrate the theory you selected with your main theoretical orientation in your future practice. Then, explain how you might mitigate this challenge. Be specific.
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources. To view this week’s media resources, please use the streaming media players below.
- Video: Psychotherapy.net. (Producer). (n.d.). Bowenian family therapy [Motion picture]. [With Philip Guerin, MD]. United States: Psychotherapy.net.Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Video: Psychotherapy.net. (Producer). (n.d.). Structural family therapy [Motion picture]. [With Harry Aponte, LCSW]. United States: Psychotherapy.net.Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Course Text: Gehart, D. R., & Tuttle, A. R. (2003). Theory-based treatment planning for marriage and family therapists. Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
- Chapter 1, “Treatment Planning”
- Chapter 2, “Structural Family Therapy”
- Chapter 8, “Intergenerational Family Therapy”
- Course Text: Gurman, A. S., Lebow, J. L., & Snyder, D. (2015). Clinical handbook of couple therapy (5th ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Chapter 9, “Bowen Family Systems Couple Therapy”
- Chapter 13, “Structural Couple Therapy”
- Article: Brown, N. D., & Samis, M. C. (1986). The application of structural family therapy in developing the binuclear family. Mediation Quarterly, (14/15), 51–69. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Farmer, C., & Geller, M. (2005). The integration of psychodrama with Bowen’s theories in couples therapy. Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry, 58(2), 70–85. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Larson, J. H., & Wilson, S. M. (1998). Family of origin influences on young adult career decision problems: A test of Bowenian theory. American Journal of Family Therapy, 26(1), 39–53. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Book: Bitter, J. R., Long, L. L., & Young, M. E. (2010). Introduction to marriage, couple, and family counseling. Mason, OH: Cengage.
- Chapter 4, “Multigenerational Family Therapy”
- Chapter 8, “Structural Family Therapy”
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.