Assignment #6: The Formal Persuasive Speech (8-10 minutes)
Due: Week 10
- Follow the speech plan action steps to select your topic and prepare a eight to ten minute persuasive speech in which you attempt to change audience belief. In other words, persuade your audience that your viewpoint is worthy of good consideration. REVIEW THE SUGGESTIONS BELOW AS YOU PLAN, ORGANIZE AND DEVELOP YOUR SPEECH.
- Criteria for evaluation include all the general criteria of topic and purpose, content, organization, and presentation, but special emphasis will be placed on the primary persuasive criteria of how well the speech’s specific goal was adapted to the audience’s initial attitude toward the topic, the soundness of the reasons, the evidence cited in support of them, and the credibility of the arguments.
- Use the Persuasive Speech Evaluation Checklist (Figure 17.4) to critique yourself as you practice your speech.
- Prior to presenting your speech, prepare a complete sentence outline and source list (bibliography). If you have used Speech Builder Express to complete the action step activities online, you will be able to print out a copy of your completed outline and source list. Also, prepare a written plan for adapting your speech to the audience. Your adaptation plan should address the following issues:
- How does your goal adapt to whether your prevailing audience attitude is in favor, no opinion, or opposed?
- What reasons will you use, and how will the organizational pattern you select fit your topic and audience?
- How will you establish your credibility with this audience?
- How will you motivate your audience?
- How you will organize your reasons?
Grading Matrix Week 10 Speech Assignment
You must select a current events topic. You may select a new topic OR you may select the same topic developed in “Week 8 Assignment Four”, but be sure to develop a persuasive focus.
This week you will indicate your topic and include a small paragraph explanation on why you have chosen that topic and what you hope to accomplish.
Note the Weblink in this week’s tab for possible suggestions.
NOTE: Your speech due next week (week 10) will be between 8 – 10 minutes.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.