In your first essay, you applied your analytical and interpretive skills to a work of literary fiction. In this second essay, you will continue to develop those skills, but will do so by placing two texts from this course in conversation with one another. In other words, you will be comparing OR contrasting a major theme in two short stories we’ve read thus far. The goal here is not just to point out similarities or differences, but to emphasize what is surprising or interesting about those similarities or differences.
For example, you might ask:
1) Are there unexpectedly similar themes or messages within two stories published in very different time periods?
2) Are there two stories we’ve read that address a similar topic, but send different messages about that topic?
3) Are there two stories with protagonists who seem very different, but who actually struggle with a similar problem?
Your thesis should clearly state the answer to one of these questions, and your essay should use specific quotes and details from the stories as supporting evidence.
· To emphasize the importance of locating and exploring connections across different texts
· To practice effectively organizing discussions of two different texts
· To continue to improve your interpretive reading and writing skills
· 4-5 double-spaced pages plus Works Cited page in MLA style.
· 12 point Times or Times New Roman fon1-inch margins on all sides
Writing Guidelines (These will also be used as grading criteria):
1. Employ a thesis statement in the introduction that clearly states a) how two stories are similar or different, and b) why that similarity or difference is significant or surprising
2. Formulate topic sentences that tie directly back to the thesis and state the one main idea of their respective paragraphs
3. Support those topic sentences with evidence from the text(s) being analyzed
4. Do not “ping pong” back and forth between stories in a single paragraph. You can alternate your discussions of each story from paragraph to paragraph, but not from sentence to sentence. Alternately, you may also address all relevant details from one story in the first half of your paper, and then turn your attention to the second story in the second half of your paper.
5. Keep summary to a minimum: only quote from the story or paraphrase plot events in the interest of proving a larger interpretive point, and keep the focus on your analysis
6. Integrate source(s) smoothly: avoid long block quotations, use attributive tags, cite using MLA style
7. Employ an academic tone that avoids conversational or casual language
8. Use clear transitions between sentences, correct grammar, and appropriate vocabulary
Choose any two of these and write the paper on them :
Baldwin, “Sonny’s Blues”
Bambara, “The Lesson”
O’Connor,“A Good Man is Hard to Find”
Oates, “Where Are You Going, Where have you been?”
Vonnegut, “Harrison Bergeron”
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.