Task – What’s in Your Water?
Your plans are nearly complete. Soon you will know exactly what you shall require in order to make fresh water! You will then make this known to the ship and become exalted with lots of awards and trophies! The water doesn’t take like table salt mixed with water, there’s more to it than that. You’ll need to examin the origin and processes that determine the composition of seawater. You haven’t the foggiest where to begin, but surely the Cabin Boy could find you some information. For now, a bucket of ice, a hot plate, food coloring, and some beakers will help you get started.
The Captain’s Orders
Read the log book The Life and Times of Water to learn about seawater chemistry You will need external resources, like the computer, with satellite internet, on the Captain’s desk. If you use the computer, make sure you make a note where you got your information. Answer the questions and complete the following tasks using the log book and the internet.
- Explore water’s unique and anomalous chemical properties and link to its physical properties.
- Explore water’s unique and anomalous physical properties and link to its chemistry.
- Demonstrate, through data collection and analyses, the chemical properties of sea-water.
- Assess the controls on the composition of seawater including the influence of physical, chemical, geological and biological ocean processes on the concentrations of dissolved constituents in seawater.
- Explore the residence time of dissolved constituents in the ocean.
- Assess the role of global biogeochemical recycling with respect to the ocean
- In your own words, define salinity and what its measures.
- What is the average salinity of the oceans? Be sure to include the value and the units.
- How is chlorinity related to salinity? Explain.
- What happens to local salinity when evaporation rates increase: Rises or Lowers?
- What happens to local salinity when ice formation rates increase: Rises or Lowers?
- What happens to local salinity when rain increases: Rises or Lowers?
- What happens to local salinity when river input increases: Rises or Lowers?
- Where is surface salinity highest in the world ocean (in general)? Why?
- Where is surface salinity lowest in the world ocean (in general)? Why?
- What happens to gas solubility when pressure increases: Rises or Lowers?
- What happens to gas solubility when temperature increases: Rises or Lowers?
- What happens to gas solubility when salinity increases: Rises or Lowers?
- Which gas is highest in abundance in the atmosphere?
- Which gas is highest in abundance in the oceans? Why?
- Which of the following processes increases oxygen in the oceans?
- atmospheric interaction
- volcanic outgassing
- Which of the following processes increases carbon dioxide in the oceans?
- photosynthesis respiration
- volcanic outgassing
- What does pH measure? Be specific and include your own definition.
- In 1 liter of water there is more H+ than OH-, what kind of solution is it: Acidic, Neutral, or Basic?
- The pH ranges from 1 to 14. What is the pH range for basic solutions?
- What is the pH range for neutral solutions? acidic solutions?
- What is the average pH of the oceans?
- What is the average pH of coffee?
- What is the average pH of blood?
- What is the average pH of rum?
- The log book listed five biogeochemical cycles. Pick ONE and describe in your own words how the cycle works. Create or include an illustration to go along with your description.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.