This is due on or before Saturday September 09, 2017 at 9:00 p.m. CST.
Please remember that there must be headings for the introduction and thesis statement as well as the conclusion paragraphs.
Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations
Read pages 90-94 of your course text, including the Release of Information section, the Perspective: Examples of Recently Published HIPAA Privacy Violations section, and Exhibits 3.3 and 3.4. Next, select one of the cases from the list below:
- Doctor and Two Former Hospital Employees Plead Guilty to HIPAA Violation (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Civil Money Penalty: HHS Imposes a $4.3 Million Civil Money Penalty for Violations of the HIPAA Privacy Rule (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Resolution Agreement: Mass General Hospital Settles Potential HIPAA Violations (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Rite Aid Agrees to Pay $1 million to Settle HIPAA Privacy Case (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- UCLA Health System Settles Potential HIPAA Privacy and Security Violations (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Then, provide a case analysis on the HIPAA violation of patient health information (PHI) that was present in the case you selected. Include the following points in your case analysis:
These should be headings:
- Summarize the case.
- Identify the specific HIPAA privacy and security rules that were broken.
- Identify the penalties (if any) that were imposed as a result of the ruling on the case. Do you believe the penalties imposed were sufficient for the type and scope of the infraction? Explain your answer.
- Explain your understanding of the HIPAA privacy and security rules.
- Explain the significance of this case with regards to health care information systems, either in general or to the organizations that work in this field.
- Explain whether or not any other laws besides the HIPAA laws were broken, and if so, which laws.
- Include a paragraph about how this particular case could apply to your Final Proposal and Presentation. What impact might lessons learned from this particular case have on your Final Proposal and Presentation case study?
The HIPAA Case Analysis:
- Must be three to four pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must Include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.