3. Changes in the Operating Cycle [LO1] Indicate the effect that the following will have on the operating cycle. Use the letter I to indicate an increase, the letter D for a decrease, and the letter N for no change:
a. Average receivables goes up.
b. Credit repayment times for customers are increased.
c. Inventory turnover goes from 3 times to 6 times.
d. Payables turnover goes from 6 times to 11 times.
e. Receivables turnover goes from 7 times to 9 times.
f. Payments to suppliers are accelerated.
11. Calculating the Cash Budget [LO3] Here are some important figures from the budget of Nashville Nougats, Inc., for the second quarter of 2015:
The company predicts that 5 percent of its credit sales will never be collected, 35 percent of its sales will be collected in the month of the sale, and the remaining 60 percent will be collected in the following month. Credit purchases will be paid in the month following the purchase.
In March 2015, credit sales were $235,000 and credit purchases were $161,300. Using this information, complete the following cash budget:SEE EXCEL ATTACHMENT
8. Size of Accounts Receivable [LO1] The Arizona Bay Corporation sells on credit terms of net 30. Its accounts are, on average, four days past due. If annual credit sales are $9.75 million, what is the company’s balance sheet amount in accounts receivable?
14. Credit Policy Evaluation [LO2] The Snedecker Corporation is considering a change in its cash-only policy. The new terms would be net one period. Based on the following information, determine if the company should proceed or not. The required return is 2.5 percent per period.SEE EXCEL ATTACHMENT
4. Using Spot and Forward Exchange Rates [LO1] Suppose the spot exchange rate for the Canadian dollar is Can$1.09 and the six-month forward rate is Can$1.11.
a. Which is worth more, a U.S. dollar or a Canadian dollar?
b. Assuming absolute PPP holds, what is the cost in the United States of an Elkhead beer if the price in Canada is Can$2.50? Why might the beer actually sell at a different price in the United States?
c. Is the U.S. dollar selling at a premium or a discount relative to the Canadian dollar?
d. Which currency is expected to appreciate in value?
e. Which country do you think has higher interest rates—the United States or Canada? Explain.
7. Interest Rates and Arbitrage [LO2] The treasurer of a major U.S. firm has $30 million to invest for three months. The interest rate in the United States is .31 percent per month. The interest rate in Great Britain is .34 percent per month. The spot exchange rate is £.573, and the three-month forward rate is £.575. Ignoring transaction costs, in which country would the treasurer want to invest the company’s funds? Why?
Value of US$ in US after 3 months=
Value of US$ in GB after 3months=
1. Calculating Synergy [LO3] Pearl, Inc., has offered $357 million cash for all of the common stock in Jam Corporation. Based on recent market information, Jam is worth $319 million as an independent operation. If the merger makes economicsense for Pearl, what is the minimum estimated value of the synergistic benefits from the merger?
2. Balance Sheets for Mergers [LO2] Consider the following premerger information about Firm X and Firm Y:SEE EXCEL ATTACHMENT
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.