Unit 5 Assignment
Unit outcome(s) addressed in this Assignment:
· Discuss the role of the hospital governing body
· Examine the peer review process and confidentiality issues involved
· Discuss due process and how it relates to an individual’s constitutional rights
Course outcome(s) assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HA525-1: Illustrate legal principles and laws that affect professional and administrative decisions found in health care services.
HA525-2: Analyze conflict between cost, access, and quality of care as it relates to legal parameters.
HA525-3: Evaluate inherent limitations to the delivery of health care due to legal mandates.
You are the compliance manager of a medium sized hospital in a suburban neighborhood. Your facility is a medical surgical facility providing care for the community. Your facility has hospitalists employed and grants privileges to physicians in the community.
Using MS PowerPoint as a presentation tool, prepare an informational report about the case from the following article available within the KU Library. Search for the title of this article using the library search tool.
Roberts, R. (2003). Seven reasons family doctors get sued and how to reduce your risk. Family Practice Management. 10(3), 29–34.
· Choose one reason “doctors get sued” from the article above and let this be the basis of your presentation.
· Add speaker notes to your presentation discussing how your theme choice impacts physician decision-making in creating a patient healthcare plan.
· In other words, explain how physician liability concerns relate to your topic choice.
· As you explain these concerns, include how the regulatory environment in which providers operate at times can hinder the ability for a provider to do what is necessary for patients. Provide an example or scenario illustrating these limitations.
· Further, address the cost to the facility in addressing such concerns.
· Lastly, provide solutions to your chosen reason for being sued.
Your presentation should include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. A minimum of 20 slides including a title page and reference page(s).The title slide should include the title, your name, and the date you are submitting the presentation.
2. b. Use Chapter 3 on negligence to support the information in your presentation.
3. References should be APA style. (For help with this, go to the Kaplan Writing Center)
4. Include detailed information in the notes section. This will not appear on the slide in order to prevent crowding of information on the slide.
5. Refer to the Technology Tips found in the KU Writing Center. You will find tips regarding creating effective PowerPoint presentations.
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Course Resources to assist you with meeting APA expectations for assignments.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.