Part 1: Research the following questions using the GCU Library and the Internet:
- What is a learning disability? (Locate 2-3 definitions/explanations)
- How do individuals with learning disabilities process information? What challenges are related to how these individuals process information?
Part 2: Identify a student who has a learning disability and answer the following questions:
- In which academic area(s) does the student struggle?
- In which academic area(s) does the student have strengths?
- How does the student’s disability influence his or her ability to socially interact with others (social skills)?
Part 3: Identify one area in which the student academically struggles.
- Choose one skill you will teach the student using a learning strategy. Note: This strategy must be generalizable and have less than seven steps. Write a lesson plan following these steps based on Hunter’s model:
- Learning objective (make sure you indicate the state and national standards related to this objective).
- Prerequisite skills needed in relation to this objective.
- Prerequisite skills the student currently does/does not have.
- Anticipatory set (remember, you want to motivate the student to learn this skill and indicate how learning the skill will facilitate learning in other areas).
- Lesson input
- Guided practice (remember to always use controlled materials when first introducing a skill)
- Independent practice (remember to not allow students to independently practice a skill until it is mastered and there is automaticity).
- Implement the lesson plan with the student and provide, in written form, a reflection with regard to effectiveness of the strategies. Also, please include a reflection indicating what you would do the same/different if you were to use this strategy again.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word essay in which you include information from each of the three parts above. Be detailed in the information requested for Parts 1 and 2. For Part 3, reflect on the effectiveness of the strategies you used, and how you would revise the lesson if you were to use these strategies again.
Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is not required. Cite in-text and in the References section. Attach the Classroom Teacher Evaluation Form, the original lesson plan, and the Practicum/Field Experience Observation and Activity Log Directions, and submit as the Benchmark Assessment
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.