Problems need to include all required steps and answer(s) for full credit. All answers need to be reduced to lowest terms where possible.
Answer the following problems showing your work and explaining (or analyzing) your results. Submit your work in a typed Microsoft Word document.
1. Describe the measures of central tendency. Under what condition(s) should each one be used?
2. Last year, 12 employees from a computer company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below. First, create a stem plot for the data. Next, find the mean retirement age. Round to the nearest year.
55 77 64 77 69 63 62 64 85 64 56 59
3. A retail store manager kept track of the number of car magazines sold each week over a 10-week period. The results are shown below.
27 30 21 62 28 18 23 22 26 28
a. Find the mean, median, and mode of newspapers sold over the 10-week period.
b. Which measure(s) of central tendency best represent the data?
c. Name any outliers.
4. Joe wants to pass his statistics class with at least a 75%. His prior four test scores are 74%, 68%, 84% and 79%. What is the minimum score he needs on the final exam to pass the class with a 75% average?
5. Nancy participated in a summer reading program. The number of books read by the 23 participants are as follows:
10 9 6 2 5 3 9 1 6 3 10 4 7 6 3 5 6 2 6 5 3 7 2
a. Complete the frequency table.
b. Find the mean of the raw data.
c. Find the median of the raw data.
6. The chart below represents the number of inches of snow for a seven-day period.
a. Find the mean, median, and mode.
b. Which is the best measure of central tendency?
c. Remove Wednesday from the calculations. How does that impact the three measures of central tendency?
d. Describe the effect outliers have on the measures of central tendency.
7. A dealership sold 15 cars last month. The purchase price of the cars, rounded to the nearest thousand, is represented in the table.
- Find the mean and median of the data.
- Which measure best represents the data? Use the results to support your answer.
- What is the outlier and how does it affect the data?
8. What do the letters represent on the box plot?
9. The test scores from a math final exam are as follows:
64 85 93 55 87 90 73 81 86 79
a. Create a box plot using the data.
b. Label the five points on the box plot and include numerical answers from part “a.”
10. Using the data and results from Question 9, answer the following questions.
a. What is the median?
b. What is the range?
c. What is the interquartile range?
d. In a short paragraph, describe the data in the box plot.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.